MC Mtg Sept 2007

colliver's picture

ARIA AGM, AR@Italia, Melbourne, 23 Nov

23 Nov 2011 - 6:00pm
23 Nov 2011 - 9:30pm
Etc/GMT+11

ARIA's Annual General Meeting will be held at 6:00PM on Wednesday 23 November -- just prior to the AR@Cafe Italia meeting at 6:30PM.

AR@Cafe Italia is a very enjoyable initiative arising out of Bill Genat's determination to continue the good spirit at the national ALARA conference held in Melbourne in 2009 and his and Jill's SPIRAL meetings' convening for some time prior to that.

For the ARIA AGM, arrive on the dot at 6:00PM, as there are a fair number of interesting and important recommendations to work through. Please prepare if you can by reading the two very informative reports attached (one Financial and one the Annual activity report).(Go to http://www.staff.vu.edu.au/aric/aria.htm to access these).

colliver's picture

AR Conversation and Dinner, Melbourne, 6th July

6 Jul 2011 - 6:30pm
6 Jul 2011 - 9:30pm
Etc/GMT+11

The monthly action research dinner/get together. is on 6th July. Marie Brennan is to talk
about her current research and Daryl Taylor will report on his latest
research/community development activities in King Lake.

Please let Jill Sanguinetti know if you are coming so she can reserve our usual table, Jillsanguinetti0716@gmail.com

Location is Cafe Italia in University Lane off Lygon St. The
menu has reasonable variation in prices. Parking in Cardigan St
around Pelham St or off Swanston St next to Lincoln Square (part of Pelham
St).

colliver's picture

AR@ItalianRestaurant, Melbourne 5 November

5 Nov 2009 - 6:30pm
5 Nov 2009 - 9:30pm
Etc/GMT+11

Melbourne Action Researchers will meet at Zia Teresa, 90 Lygon Street, Brunswick East, 3057

Bill Genat will talk about a project with a group of Indigenous academics to build capacity in Indigenous public health within (MPH) teaching programs around Australia. Bill would like to discuss ways of structuring the project to initiate an ongoing action reflection cycle within both the MPHs programs and amongst the cadre of Indigenous academics in public health with whom he will be working.

Please RSVP to Bill ASAP bgenat@unimelb.edu.au.

 

colliver's picture

Australasian Evaluation Society, Victorian Branch

16 Oct 2008 - 5:30pm
16 Oct 2008 - 7:00pm
Etc/GMT+10

A methodological scan of thirty years of evaluation -- Where have we been, where are we now, and where are we going?
Thursday 16th October, 2008
5.30pm - 7.00pm
VicHealth Seminar Room, Ground Floor,

15-31 Pelham Street, Carlton South

How has evaluation developed over the past three decades? What trends, themes and changes have we witnessed; what has lasted (or not)and why, and what is emerging now?
This is the first of two seminars that are bringing this year's theme of 'a more panoramic view of evaluation' to a conclusion. The second seminar in November will focus more on where evaluation is going in future (e.g. electronic trends, the limits of control/performance in
complex systems, and the implications of climate change as
preoccupation with it ripples through business, government and the community services sector).

colliver's picture

Action learning course, Brisbane

23 Oct 2008 - 8:30am
24 Oct 2008 - 5:00pm
Etc/GMT+10

Bob Dick is offering a two day skills-oriented workshop "Action learning" in Brisbane. $594 ($540 + GST). A small number of half price bursaries available.

The workshop treats action learning as a team-based process in which team members work on individual or collective issues or problems. Because learning is experiential and happens "on the job", transfer of
skills to the job is easier to achieve. Action learning can be used for project work, leadership development and organisational improvement, among other applications.
The workshop is intended for people who would like to improve their ability to set up and facilitate action learning teams. It is likely also to be relevant for facilitators and consultants who can use
action learning processes and principles in their work.

The workshop will help participants enhance their skills and understanding through a mix of theory, instruction, and practice. Workshop content will be negotiated with participants. However, it is very likely to include the following:

colliver's picture

Introduction to Research Integration for Knowledge and Action course, Canberra

29 Oct 2008 - 7:00pm
30 Oct 2008 - 5:00pm
Etc/GMT+10

Effectively tackling real-world problems requires a new type of researcher, who can enhance collaboration between various discipline and practice knowledges. Such researchers need a solid foundation in a set of conceptual and methods skills being developed in the emerging discipline of Integration and Implementation Sciences (I2S).

This course provides an introduction to:
- practical frameworks within which to think about integration, and
- the nature of uncertainty, the diverse ways it emerges in cross-disciplinary research, and methods for managing it.

The course will also provide an overview of concepts for problem framing and boundary setting, methods for integrating in cross-disciplinary research, processes for generating fresh thinking on intractable problems and techniques for effective research input into decision making and practice change.

colliver's picture

Community research symposium, Victoria University, Melbourne

27 Oct 2008 - 9:00am
27 Oct 2008 - 6:00pm
Etc/GMT+10

Over 40 Community Research project presentations.
Network & connect with Community Development workers, students & educators from a diverse field of organisations, Keynote speaker: Yoland Wadsworth
Lunch & Refreshments
After Party with Live Music & Refreshments
At: VU City Flinders Campus, Level 11/300 Flinders St, Melbourne
RSVP: 20th October 2008
For more details contact Annie Feith, fieldwork co- ordinator annie.feith@vu.edu.au
Ph: 0423 055 840

colliver's picture

SPIRAL Meeting Current Theory and practice

6 Mar 2008 - 5:30pm
6 Mar 2008 - 7:30pm
Etc/GMT+11

A panel of four will start discussion by briefly describing their
own current theory and practice -- followed by a round robin.

5.30pm -- Thursday 6 March
Level 4
Seminar Room 410
Centre for Health
& Society
University of Melbourne
207 Bouverie Street, Carlton

Dianne.ALLEN's picture

Management Committee face-to-face Vision Report, Business Planning, Budget Process meeting

8 Mar 2008 - 8:00am
Etc/GMT+11

CIT Canberra - contact MargOC for logistics details

Dianne.ALLEN's picture

September Meeting 2007 Minutes

MC Discussion Topic

Title

AuthorReplies

Status
1. ALARA's budgetSusan.GOFF0 For Information; MC to forward bids to John M by 12/9/2007; Exec Mtg of 19/9/2007 to discuss, resolve(Susie, Ross, John)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
2. Next national conferenceSusan.GOFF4 Current state of discussion: Canberra and virtual with nodes in NZ and Tasmania(Susie; Ted; Dianne; John; Ross)  (Need Iain’s Ok)   Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
3. GroningenSusan.GOFF3 Indication of difficulties; more than vigilance needed for Singapore(Susie; John; Stewart)  Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
4. Emergency Powers and Climate Change mattersSusan.GOFF2 SIG options(Susie; Dianne)      Action: Referred to Working Group Meeting
5. Developing our "look" - new web design and printed materialsVicki.VAARTJES6 Endorsed: Vicki & Ross proposal by Susie, Stewart, Dianne, John, Ross(MargO; Susie; Stewart; Dianne; John; Ross) Action: Vicki and Ross to progress
6. SA conference wrap upSEE ALSO TEAM SA MOUGOVAN6 Possibility of some profit to share(Iain; Susie; Ross; Donna; John)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
7. New action plan formatSusan.GOFF6 Not objected to; [probably needs to continue to be worked with, and action learning from that, so too early to suggest scuttling because unworkable](Susie; Ted; Stewart; MargO) Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
8. ACT - ALARA Council of Treasures - policy and thoughtsSusan.GOFF12 Some support; some objections(Susie; MargO; Ted; Stewart; Iain; Dianne; Ross)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
9. Advisory groupSusan.GOFF3 Some ambivalence(Susie; MargO; Stewart)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
10. Management Committee structure and processSusan.GOFF1 Ross reflection(Susie; Ross) Action: Review during/after next MC Meeting
11. World CongressSEE ALSO GRONINGENStewart.HASE14 Difficulties expounded; Milestones and Indicators identified; more information needed(Susie; Ted; Iain; Ross; MargO; John)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
12. PublicationsMargaret.FLETCHER12 Progress reported; issues and options identified(MargF; Ted; Donna; MargO; Ross; Susie; Stewart)Action: Referred to Working Group Meeting
13. "Supported collaborative autonomy" - meeting datesSusan.GOFF9 Endorsed: Susie’s proposal by Ross, Stewart, Ted, MargO, Dianne(Susie; Stewart; Ross, Ted, MargO, Dianne)Action: Secretary to implement; members to note in diaries
14. Welcome - and MC members' theme responsibilities - please read and create your contentSusan.GOFF2 Attended to by MC meeting(Susie; John)Action: dealt with in/by meeting
15. Special Interest GroupsEdward.SANDERCOCK9 Endorsed: Ted’s proposal by Susan, Dianne, Ross(Ted; Dianne; Stewart; Susie; Ross)Action: Ted to implement and report back to WG meeting
16. D8/D3 Action Plan for ALARA Name ChangeDianne.ALLEN4 Endorsed: Dianne’s plan by Ted; suggestions identified(Dianne; Ted; MargF; MargO; Susie)Action: named actors to implement
17. Agenda Items: Facilitator; Subject; Components identified (but not limiting!)Dianne.ALLEN3 MC meeting facilitation – no other action needed(Dianne; Susie; John)Action: accomplished by meeting
18. Development goals for Websitecolliver15 No dissension; suggestions identified(Ross; Dianne; Susie; MargO; Donna; Ted)Action: Ross to implement and report back to WG Meeting
19. Directions DocSEE ALSO STRATEGIC PLAN PROCESS discussion in Members sectionStewart.HASE5 Not settled; presentation option of wiki?(Stewart; Ted; MargO; Dianne; Susie)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting
20. Team SA MOUSEE ALSO SA Conference wrap upSusa.GOFF1 Technical Issues with sharing proposals(Susie; John)Action: Referred to Executive Meeting

 

Syndicate content